The Assessment Committee is a sub-committee of the Academic Senate. This page contains an updated handbook and archived information (assessment data from 2007-2016). Moving forward, assessment data and information will be stored in TK-20. To access TK-20, go to triton.tk20.com.
Student Learning Assessment is a means of documenting student learning at Triton College that goes beyond course grades. The purpose of student learning assessment is to bring into sharper focus the accomplishments and/or weaknesses of each program or academic area. The information gathered will be used by faculty members to decide on maintenance or adjustment for their courses or program when deemed necessary. Student learning assessment will also allow the College to become more articulate in its communication efforts to its constituents.
MissionServe as resources to faculty and consulting body to the Office of Institutional Research in the development and engagement of academic assessment programs.
Board Policy for Assessment of Student Learning
Committee Membership (updated Fall 2016): • Nine (9) Full-Time Faculty Members from the following areas: • Four (4) from Arts and Sciences • Two (2) from Business and Technology • One (1) from Health Careers and Public Services Programs • One (1) from Counseling • One (1) from the Library. • Two (2) Adjunct Faculty Members • One (1) representative from Research and Institutional Effectiveness • One (1) Academic Dean • One (1) representative from Adult Education • One (1) representative from Continuing Education
For questions regarding assessment, please contact Larry Manno, Academic Assessment Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or X-3003.
Triton College Assessment Handbook (updated Fall 2016)
• Part I: What is assessment?
• Part II: Why is it necessary to perform student learning assessments?
• Part III: Entering information into TK-20
• Part IV: Video on how to enter mission statement/program outcomes into TK-20
• Part V: Video on how to enter course learning objectives into TK-20
• Part VI: Video on how map course objectives to program/general education outcomes in TK-20
• Part VII: Assessment cycle at Triton College
• Part VIII: Role of the Academic Assessment Committee
• Part IX: Useful resources
• General Education Outcomes Mapping • Program Outcomes Mapping
Assessment Data and Information • Minutes of Meetings • General Education Outcomes Assessment Plan • Annual Reports/Newsletters
• 2015-2016 Assessment Plans
• 2015-2016 Assessment Reports
• 2015-2016 Assessment Implementation Reports
2017 Triton College. All Rights Reserved.