Dean of Student Services
The Office of Student Services offers an array of student support services that aid in assisting students in their pursuit of social, cultural and professional development. The Dean of Student Services oversees the areas of Athletics, Career Services, Center for Access and Accommodative Services (CAAS), Health Services, and Student Life. In addition, the Dean’s office oversees the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) and handles matters related to student conduct.
To contact the Dean of Students office, call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3230, or email email@example.com.
Behavioral Intervention Team
Triton College is committed to providing a supportive, safe, and welcoming college environment. The Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) is a multidisciplinary and multijurisdictional team charged with being the primary resource for proactively addressing student behavioral concerns that may result in risk of harm to self or others, or behaviors that significantly disrupt the learning environment.
The Behavioral Intervention Team investigates reports of concerning behavior on campus and seeks to identify and recommend appropriate steps. The team will follow up on the referral of concern and respond appropriately. The BIT DOES NOT REPLACE faculty classroom management and/or public safety responses to incidents. In the event of an emergency or crisis situation, call 911 or the Triton College Police Department at ext. 3206 or 708-456-6911.
- Corey M. Williams, Dean of Student Services (Chair)
- Silvia Donatelli, Counselor
- Deborah Ford, Center for Access and Accommodative Services
- Greg Bednar, Police
- Dora Abbruscato, Student Services
The team will:
- Incorporate a formalized protocol of explicit engagement techniques and strategies.
- Facilitate a comprehensive reporting culture within the institution, supported by accessible data collection software managed by Maxient, LLC.
- Integrate campus and community resources such as emergency operations plans and, emergency response procedures.
- Provide consultation and support to faculty, staff and administration in assisting students and employees who display concerning or disruptive behaviors.
- Gather information to assess situations involving students and employees who display concerning or disruptive behaviors.
- Evaluate appropriate intervention strategies or disciplinary sanctions.
- Connect students and employees with needed campus and community resources.
- Monitor ongoing behavior of students and employees who have displayed disruptive or concerning behavior.
Click to download BIT forms and Documents:
Student Conduct Committee
The Student Conduct Committee is charged to insure that each student against whom the College brings charges against is warranted procedural due process. Any member of the Triton College community may initiate the accusation of an alleged violation.Student Conduct Committee Members
- Dr. Douglas Olson, Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
- Dr. Quincy Martin III, Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
- Corey M. Williams, Dean of Student Services
- Dora Abbruscato, Student Services Coordinator
Students accused of disciplinary violations are entitled to the following procedural protections:
- To be informed of the specific complaints against them
- To be allowed reasonable time to prepare a response
- To hear and respond to all evidence upon which a charge is based
- To question relevant witnesses and make statements in response to statements made against them
- To be assured of privacy, in accordance with the terms of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)
- To waive the hearing (failure on the part of the student to appear at the hearing may result in automatic dismissal from Triton College
- If necessary, appeal the decision made by the Student Conduct Committee
The Student Conduct Committee shall:
- Be impartial and no voting member shall be a witness for or against students
- Inform students of its decision within 72 hours after the end of the hearing (unless further investigation is warranted)
Click to download Student Conduct forms and Documents:
Corey M. Williams | Dean of Student Services